Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pardon Me While I Have a Musical Interlude...


        Hey there Gang, and welcome back. As always, I'm your host Jamie Thomas, exercising my right for a lazy Sunday! Who's with me?! No man should have to review, or editorialize fiction on a day like today! It's dark! It's cold! It's so gloomy I'm prepping the premises for attack by angst ridden, sparkly vampires!

Blah...I guess...


    Quick gang! Ward it off with mentally stimulating literature! THE POWER OF TOLKIEN COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF TOLKIEN COMPELS YOU! BEGONE IN THE NAME OF POE, SEUSS, AND BRADBURY!

Whoops, might've overdone it on the Bradbury.
    Wellp, looks like my Sunday's gonna be anything but lazy. In the meantime, how about you kids enjoy this playlist of lit inspired music. Remember gang, the Vameyers can't get you if you keep expanding your mind and eschewing poorly contrived dreck! Hang on....what's that....?!

Repeeeeeetive Giiiiiimiiiickssss...
   Aw crap! That explosion summoned a horde of Michael Bay fanatics! I've got to maintain radio silence, see you on the other side. Over and out!

                                                    Awesome Lit Mix Vol. 1!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJHTCM0xmkdV3S1_J9_o99Tfcoe_YgJJz

     Bonus Points if you can name all the works that inspired the tracks!

   This has been your weekly dose of Shelves and Stacks. I'm your host Jamie Thomas reminding you to guard your wits and keep those headphones handy.





No comments:

Post a Comment